October 22, 2012: DAM ABC and Baba, Facebook and Twitter announcements. Label ABC collection. Blog post Baba. Work plan FCC. 5 hours
I learned how to do Digital Asset Management (DAM) today it consists of uploading my finding aid PDF to the web for ABC and Baba. I had to use a variety of programs and steps to make sure that the finding aid is now available on the website. This is the link to the ABC collection on the website (under the William Adams Brown section). This is the link to the Baba collection on the website (under the Missionary Research Library Section 3 for South Asia).
The cataloging was done in Voyager, which is quite simple to use, but requires a double save for it to become actually available for viewing. The cataloging info for ABC is now in CLIO and Baba is also in CLIO.
I also had to add the information to the Burke Library Archives Twitter page and Facebook page so that outside world knows that it is done. Brigette showed me the admin side for an organization FB page which shows you who and where people are visiting the page from. It records the viewing stats which is something that can be used to prove that you have readership for your collections and where those readers are from. So I added a link to each of the collections finding aids and for the FB page I copied the abstract.
I can use the link to both the ABC PDF and the Baba PDF as publications for my resume here and on my LinkedIn webpage.
I labeled and finished the ABC collection by printing labels and attaching them to the boxes. I will do the same for Baba the next time I am in.
Worked on blog post for Baba, by taking more pictures of the Autobiography pages for quotes, but I haven’t written much for it. I need to try to work on it at home. After taking the pictures we took the book is ready to be wrapped and placed in a new folder. We are going to use the same box and relabel it next time I’m in the library.
I began the work plan for WAB: Federal Council of Churches of Christ in America
October 23, 2012: Baba final prep and label. FCC research and submitted work plan. 5 hours
I spent the morning grabbing the extra FCC information from other unprocessed collections. I continued to work on my work plan. I added numerous sources that I need to use for research, I placed them on the work plan in the exact way they should show up on the finding aid, so it shouldn’t take so long to add them this time. I submitted the work plan to Brigette.
I wrapped Baba in acid free unbuffered tissue paper and then tied it with cotton tape. I then labeled a new folder and placed it into the old box and replaced the label on the side. I then took ABC and Baba collections, the pamphlet I had used in my Baba research, placed them on wheeled shelves and with Brigette took them in the Archive to place them on the shelves. We took photographs so that we know exactly what shelves they are on so we can update the excel file that contains the locations of the collections. NOTE: I need to remember to ask Brigette if that was updated this week, so she can show me exactly what it looks like. We also pulled the FCC folders that I found in other unprocessed collections or areas of the Archives. NOTE: I need to ask Brigette how to change the locations on the Excel file for those as well next week. I spent some time going through those folders and box trying to get an idea of what was included in them and if they were really pertinent to the collection.
Total hours: 10
Running total: 84 1/2