December 3, 2012: Sorting and first draft of finding aid SCC submitted. 5 1/2 hours
Brigette was gone today, but I had plenty to do! I was able to get through the final sorting of the last 5 boxes of the SCC collection. It is now all re-housed and beautifully organized and has been rounded out to 10 boxes and 5 linear feet. The largest collection I have been able to process, regardless, I finished the history note, scope and contents and the contents list and submitted the finding aid to Brigette for review. I took some pictures of the more interesting state council of churches logo’s that I found.
December 4, 2012: FCC DAM and cataloging, FCC blog post, SCC folder labeling. 4 1/2 hours
I uploaded the Federal Council of the Churches of Christ in America Records, 1905-1971 finding aid to the Burke Library website so I have done DAM for three items now. I also cataloged the collection in Voyager, which means the CLIO record is now visible (as you well know). The collection was tweeted from the Burke Library twitter account and a status update was posted on the Burke Facebook page. Thankfully Brigette is willing to sit down and walk me through all the steps. It is complicated and I’m sure I would have to do this a dozen more times before I actually would be able to do it without the help of a cheat sheet. I also wrote out my blog post on the Bethlehem steel strike and did the final touches on the labeling of the folders for SCC. I am just waiting to hear back from Brigette on my SCC finding aid so it can be sent to Ruth for final submission and hopefully I will be able to do the DAM on that next week, it would be nice to end everything on time for my final presentation.
Total hours: 10
Running total: 134